2,500 m², two (2) storey office building. The building received the NRCan CBIP Energy Grant Incentive for being more than 35% more efficient than Model National Energy Code with a predicted annual energy savings of $20,000.00 per year. The building also qualified for the Enbridge Design Assistance Program and High Efficiency Boiler Grant.
The mechanical systems used to achieve the energy savings included the following:
- Condensing domestic hot water heating tanks.
- Dedicated energy wheel heat recovery air handling unit for office & print area. Exhaust from the print area is used as pre-heating for the make-up air.
- The rooftop units utilize CO2 demand ventilation.
- The heating plant utilized multiple condensing boilers to achieve low loop temperature and maximize condensing at the boilers. In-slab perimeter heating was used for comfort heating in the office area.
- A DDC building automation system was utilized to achieve unit scheduling, monitoring and lighting control.
Owner: Canadian Association of University Teachers
Project Location: Ottawa, ON
Construction Completion: Feb. 2007
Building Type: Office
Project Type: New Construction
Construction Value: $400K(E) & 520K(M)