14,000 m2, two (2) storey secondary school designed with multiple sustainable features. The facility includes classroom areas, administration, lobby gathering area, gymnasiums with specialized classrooms for culinary arts and library area. The building also included specialty areas such as audio & video labs, exercise rooms and technical workshop areas. The building will be 55% or better than the model national energy code and will receive Enbridge and HPNC grants.
Sustainable Features Included
- Full energy modeling during design with evaluation of systems.
- High efficiency water fixtures, 50% less water usage.
Energy efficient mechanical systems:
- High efficiency condensing boiler & water heaters
- Energy exhaust heat recovery for rooftop units
- Variable speed pumping, fans & compressors
- Full direct digital control systems
Energy efficient electrical systems:
- T5 high efficiency lighting
- Motion sensor lighting control
Owner: Renfrew County District School Board
Project Location: Petawawa, ON
Construction Completion: July 2014
Building Type: School
Project Type: New Construction
Construction Value: $4.0M (M); $6.0M (Total)